The program requires all persons or companies who lease or offer for lease, any residential unit or residential property to register that property with the city's Code Compliance Division, by submitting the a Landlord Registration Application.
- The current registration fee is $65.54, with the registration period running from October 1 through September 30 of each year.
- Courtesy renewal notices are mailed to the address on record each year in July or August and are due by September 30. If payment is received after September 30, a $29.25 late fee is assessed per rental property.
- Single family/townhouse units are required to also complete the property checklist certifying that the condition of the property meets the minimum housing threshold stated in Land Development Code Chapter 11.
- The information obtained from the Landlord Registration Application can be utilized to contact property owners or designated agent in case of safety violations or an emergency at the property location.
- Landlord Registrations are issued per property folio and are not transferable.
- Landlords that do not pay the required Landlord Registration Fee within 30 days of the intention to rent or lease the dwelling are subject to civil actions and penalties, including hearing fees, reasonable attorney's fees, additional administrative costs incurred as a result of the collection efforts.
- Coral Springs Water District Accounts Only (Not CSIS, NSID, or Royal Waterworks):
Ordinance 2021-114 was approved on August 4 to revise Chapter 22 of the Land Development Code. Effective as of August 5, 2022; new accounts and accounts locked off can only be opened in the property owner’s names with the applicable deposits.
Landlord Registration Application(PDF, 301KB)
Submit Landlord Registration Online
Landlord Registration payments must be submitted with the Landlord Registration application either by mail or in person at City Hall at 9500 West Sample Road.