How to Use Direct Debit

With the direct debit – Automatic Funds Transfer (AFT) payment option, you can now pay your utility bill each month by automatic deduction from your checking or savings account. In addition, there will be NO additional cost for participating in this service.


Note: This is only for customers of the City of Coral Springs Water District, which runs from Wiles Road, south to the south side of Royal Palm Boulevard, north of Wiles Road from Riverside Drive east to 441.

The Process

Our goal in the City of Coral Springs is to make the signing up and maintaining of our AFT program as simple as possible.

  • You will still get a monthly bill. The city will send you your monthly bill, as always, showing the usual billing information, as well as the amount of the payment that will be automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due date that is printed on your bill.

  • You only need to remember to subtract the amounts of the water utility bill from your checkbook balance on the payment due date specified on the bill. The withdrawal from your bank account will appear on your next available bank statement.

Steps to Follow and Complete

  1. Complete and sign the Enrollment Form.

  2. Please note that the Enrollment Form can be used to change your bank account information and to discontinue the program.

  3. Attach a voided check (write the word VOID across the front of a blank check) corresponding to the checking account that you would like debited each month or a deposit slip if it’s a savings account (please include account number and ABA/Routing number on the deposit slip)check example

  4. Return the form and voided check (or deposit slip if it’s a savings account) to:

City of Coral Springs
Utility Billing Division
9500 West Sample Road
Coral Springs, FL 33065

NOTE: Please continue to pay your monthly bill as you normally would until you see the following words printed on your bill:  “Your bank account will be drafted for: ” It does take one – two billing periods for bank draft to take effect.



Other Important Info

If your account has insufficient funds on the withdrawal date, your bank will return the automatic payment. Just like having a check returned for insufficient funds, the city will charge you a service fee and your bank may charge you a service fee as well. Nonpayment may result in your service being disconnected.

In order to make any changes (change of bank or account numbers) or to discontinue service, please complete the Enrollment Form online. The city will need 20 business days’ notice to make any changes to your account.